Priority application date: January 21, 2022
As a Guest Experience Associate at Crooked Tree Arts Center - Traverse City, you’ll be the friendly face of a creative, inspiring, community-based arts organization that has served northern Michigan for over 50 years. We offer a rotating series of art exhibitions, classes, lectures, and special events, as well as a retail gift shop.
Our gallery front desk will be your domain as you warmly welcome CTAC friends old and new, efficiently and accurately process transactions, and assist with arts programming and administrative tasks.
This hourly, part-time position is ideal for an outgoing “people person” who loves the arts, is fluent in a Windows/Google Suite environment, and values working in a pleasant, creative, mission-driven environment. This position will average 24-28 hours a week, with seasonal variability.
Required availability (actual hours will vary depending on events and classes):
At CTAC, our mission is to inspire and enrich lives through the arts. The Guest Experience Associate will share information with visitors about current and upcoming programs and exhibitions, CTAC memberships, and volunteer opportunities. Located in downtown Traverse City in a historic landmark building, we also serve as an unofficial information booth for visitors to the area.
While an arts background is a plus, we will provide training and resources so that you can speak knowledgeably about our artists and exhibits.
The Guest Experience Associate at our Traverse City location reports to the Vice President with additional oversight provided by the Education Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the front desk, and greets and engages visitors at the Arts Center.
- Processes transactions in-person and over the phone, including class registrations, memberships, donations, and art sales.
- Answers questions about upcoming events and classes, navigating our website, things to do in Traverse City, the history of our building, and much more.
- Prepares orders for shipping.
- Assists with inventory management and record keeping.
- Assists with administrative tasks including but not limited to: writing thank you notes, preparing mailings, creating product labels, etc.
- General upkeep and presentation of the galleries and public spaces.
- Completes computer-based tasks using our Customer Relationship Manager system (Neon), Google Docs/Drive platform, social media and website content (Drupal CMS), Microsoft Windows and Office, Gmail, project management system (Basecamp).
- Posts upcoming classes and events in a variety of online community calendars.
- Is a responsible key holder and follows opening and closing procedures for the building; is comfortable staffing the building solo.
- Proofreads marketing and grant application materials.
- Occasionally posts promotional flyers at signs at various Traverse City locations (time and mileage paid).
- Runs weekly financial reports.
Candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds or more and have a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Professional writing skills; good spelling and grammar.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse public with warmth and ease.
- Skills necessary to use Windows-based computers and programs to process transactions and complete administrative tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to learn new software and processes as needed.
- Ability to verbally promote CTAC memberships, classes, event tickets, etc.
Applicants with a variety of backgrounds may be considered. Applicants should have experience and relevant knowledge of front desk duties, retail, customer service, and events. Adobe Photoshop (basic), grant writing, and non-profit/arts organization experience are plusses.
Compensation: Hourly position, $15.00/hour
Email your resume and letter of interest as PDF attachments to CTAC Vice President Megan Kelto at email@example.com. Please include your name in the file names, e.g. lastname_firstname_resume.pdf.