Priority application date: January 21, 2022
The Regional Development Manager - Grand Traverse (RDM) of Crooked Tree Arts Center (CTAC) is a key contributor to the financial sustainability of the organization and growth of our Traverse City campus. The RDM is responsible for the design and implementation of fundraising campaigns and the stewardship and growth of our membership, with a focus on our five-county Grand Traverse service area. The RDM collaborates with CTAC staff and leadership to establish fundraising and membership goals, and works to achieve them through soliciting corporate sponsorships, private donors, foundation support, and other community resources.
Fundraising activities include identifying and connecting with new prospects, nurturing and growing established relationships, fundraising events, designing and marketing giving opportunities, grant writing, and gratitude outreach.
The RDM will also work to deepen the relationship between CTAC and its members, manage high-level member benefits, and collaborate with CTAC staff on marketing our membership opportunities and perks.
The RDM position is based in Traverse City, and reports to the Vice President. The RDM will also work closely with the Traverse City Education & Outreach Director, President, Membership Engagement Director, development consultant(s), and other staff, board leadership, and volunteers as needed.
The RDM is a full-time, in-person salaried position that is grant-funded for one year ($50,000 + benefits). The possibility of an extension beyond one year will be contingent on the organization’s financial position and successfully meeting development and membership objectives. This position is ideal for an outgoing, motivated, and organized person who loves the arts and values working in a pleasant, mission-driven environment. This position will average 40 hours a week, with some evenings and weekends required for special events. This position is based in Traverse City, with occasional travel to Petoskey.
The successful RDM will:
- Support CTAC’s mission of inspiring and enriching lives through the arts and help build CTAC’s fundraising capacity in the Grand Traverse area.
- Have professional non-profit development experience, a passion for arts and culture, and a robust network and knowledge of area funders.
- Be an effective, engaging communicator who can tell our story and make the ask.
- Meet and exceed fundraising and membership objectives.
- Developments partnerships with the business community and other community organizations.
- Maintain records of development activities, solicitations, and outcomes.
- Represent CTAC to prospects and supporters in a professional, personable manner.
- Show strong initiative and support the organization’s overall programming and effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Creates, organizes, and administers the fundraising projects and campaigns CTAC including Paint Grand Traverse; support for exhibits, education, and other programming; business sponsorships; special membership categories; and special events in conjunction with appropriate staff and Board committees.
Personally identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major donors, both individuals and institutions.
In collaboration with the President and Vice President, prepares and submits grant requests, and identifies new grant opportunities. Maintains grant records and contributes to required grant reports.
Designs a Development Work Plan and goals for the upcoming year, in consultation with staff and board leadership.
Manages the implementation of sponsor/donor benefits, e.g. logos, lettering/signage, tickets, and other donor recognition components.
Maintains accurate records including thank you correspondence, pledge data, special event attendees, campaigns, grant proceeds and requirements, member and donor contact information, and outreach activities.
Secures in-kind contributions and maintains accurate records and reports of in-kind contributions.
Creates and implements special programming designed to engage new members and steward existing members. Executes special events for members of our highest giving levels.
Represents CTAC to the business community consistent with the policies of the Board and the expectations of the President and Vice President.
Supports the Membership Engagement Director in working one-on-one with our high level members to understand their goals and motivations, and cultivate programming that appeals to them.
Supports the Membership Engagement Director in onboarding new members and strategies to retain and grow existing memberships.
Contributes to print and online pieces including Art News, Society News, renewal notices and thank you letters, the annual report, and more.
Other duties as assigned to support the operational and programmatic needs of the organization.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience working with/for nonprofit organizations.
- Experience working with a customer relationship management system and in the Google Suite platform.
- Experience identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors; both individuals and organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
- Experience / knowledge of non-profit fundraising events and campaigns.
- Must have valid drivers license.
How to Apply
Email your resume and letter of interest as PDF attachments to CTAC Vice President Megan Kelto at email@example.com. Please include your name in the file names, e.g. lastname_firstname_resume.pdf.
About Crooked Tree Arts Center
Crooked Tree Arts Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with locations in Petoskey and Traverse City, Michigan. Founded in 1971, CTAC’s mission is to inspire and enrich lives through the arts. CTAC offers arts and cultural programming in a variety of areas, including visual arts, ballet, culinary arts, and more.