Join Heidi Marshall for a fun and informative two-day workshop that demystifies the art of Plein Air painting.
In this workshop, Heidi will demonstrate her process of outdoor painting, stressing the importance of composition, value, technique, and learning to 'feel' the landscape.
Painting 'en Plein Air' is a French expression that literally translates into "painting in the open air."
A regular practice of outdoor painting provides countless benefits that include:
- More accurate understanding of value ranges and color harmonies.
- A disciplined approach to painting in a shorter time frame.
- An understanding of light and temperature in diverse situations.
- Simplification of the painting process that makes for dynamic paintings.
- A gutsy more direct approach to subject matter.
- A collaboration between artist and nature that stimulates and directs expression.
Heidi will demonstrate in pastel, but she works in all mediums. Pastel, oil, acrylic and watercolor painters are all welcome as are all levels of painters.