School of Ballet Class Policies
- If Petoskey Schools are closed due to snow, there will be no classes.
- If a student is out due to Covid-19, they may still participate in class via Zoom. Please contact the Assistant to the Artistic Director for a Zoom link.
- If a student misses class, they may make it up any time during the current session by taking an additional class offered at their level during the week.
- If a student has an injury, they are encouraged to watch class and take notes.
- Dancers must arrive to class on time prepared and ready to dance.
- There is absolutely NO talking during class, unless it is a question or comment to the instructor.
- No gum or food may be brought into the studio for ANY reason.
- Students must follow the School of Ballet dress code.*
- More serious students are encouraged to attend more than one class per week, as regular study ensures more rapid progress.
- Upper Level dance classes are by audition/invitation only. Upper Level Ballet students are required to attend at least 5 classes per week.
*School of Ballet Dress Code
Attire for Ballet
Solid colored leotard, full-footed pink tights, and pink leather or canvas ballet slippers. Ballet skirts are optional. Long hair must be in a secure, slicked-back bun. Short hair must be pulled back, out of the face.
- White tee or tank, black tights or shorts, dance belt or dance briefs underneath tights, and white or black ballet slippers. Long hair must be pulled into a ponytail.
- Pointe Shoes
Students must receive permission from the Artistic Director in order to wear or be fitted for pointe shoes.
Attire for Dance Fusion
- Form-fitting top, athletic bottoms such as leggings, joggers or athletic shorts and bare feet. Hair secured out of the face.
We recommend purchasing dance wear at:
- Diva Dancewear – 1015 S. Garfield Ave. Traverse City, MI 231.941.7552
- Discount Dance Supply